New video shows an intense moment when DC officer was kidnapped while trying to stop a suspect

DC police on Friday released a new body camera video showing the intense moments in which an officer was kidnapped while trying to stop an armed suspect.

READ MORE: New video shows alleged armed man who shot and killed DC special officer, police say

The incident unfolded in the 700 block of Kennedy Street, Northwest last Friday.

The video shows the officer’s perspective as he tried to get into the suspect’s vehicle through the back seat.

The suspect drives off with the officer still inside, advancing for about two to three blocks.

MORE VIDEO: Camera footage shows DC police shooting man dead inside Southeast apartment

In the video, the officer can be heard feverishly telling the suspect to “put the car in park”.

At the same time, one can hear the suspected begging officer “Please do not shoot me.”

The officer eventually shoots the suspect before jumping out of the car.

DC police do not have video of the first contact officers made with the suspect.
Police have since identified him as 35-year-old Natango Robinson.

Officers were told by residents that a man who matched Robinson’s description was chasing another person with a gun.

When they found Robinson, and after an officer noticed a gun, a fight broke out between Robinson and the officers, before he broke away and ran to an alley, where he got into a black jeep.

Download the FOX 5 DC News App for local news and weather

The officers ran after him, trying to get him out of the car before one jumped through the back seat.

Robinson then drove off with the officer still inside. Eventually, the officer shot him.

“The person he drove the vehicle to an area not far from where the shooting took place and he was able to somehow get a ride from someone else to an area hospital he met up at the hospital he was put of, and we were later told that the vehicle had been stolen, “said DC Police Chief Robert Contee III during a Friday press conference.

Robinson is still in the hospital, according to police.

Leave a Comment