Ontario’s largest school board must resume teaching in person today.
The Toronto District School Board said last night that classes should continue after a blizzard disrupted those plans Monday and Tuesday.
The city’s Catholic school board also said it would open up for personal learning, but warned that buses could be affected by cleanup from the storm, which affected back-to-school plans in southern and eastern Ontario.
Students had been learning externally since the beginning of the month after a large increase in COVID-19 cases that burdened the province’s health system and workforce.
Students returned to classes earlier in the week in some regions in the north and southwest of the province.
Teachers and students return with little information about COVID-19 cases in schools and limited access to PCR tests after the province changed its policy to conserve resources.
This report from The Canadian Press was first published on January 19, 2021.