Two Queanbeyan childcare centers closed due to COVID-19 exposure | Canberra Times

coronavirus,

Two Queanbeyan childcare centers have been closed due to positive COVID-19 test results, raising concerns that there is a COVID-19 outbreak in the region. KU Queanbeyan South Childcare Center and Harris Park Preschool have been exposed to positive COVID-19 cases, letters confirm. The news follows a confirmation that two public schools in Queanbeyan were closed due to exposure from positive COVID-19 cases. It is implied by The Canberra Times that some residents of Queanbeyan are concerned that they will not be notified of positive COVID-19 cases in the area. By Saturday morning, October 30, the NSW Health website had not listed anywhere in Queanbeyan as exposure sites. There are no COVID-19 case sites listed on NSW Health with the postcode Queanbeyan 2620. MORE COVID NEWS: A letter from 25 October to families with children at KU Queanbeyan South indicated that the center had closed on 24 October by order of NSW Health . The letter said the center should remain closed until Wednesday, November 5th. “Today we have been contacted by the families of several children who attended the service last week that they have also been informed of positive COVID test results,” the letter from CEO Christine Legg said. “At this stage, the service will remain closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. The closure may be further extended subject to NSW Health advice.” A letter dated Oct. 26 informed parents of children at Harris Park Preschool that a positive COVID-19 child had gone to school in two days. IN OTHER COVID NEWS: The child attended Thursday, October 21st and Friday, October 22nd. The letter advised families of all children at the school on these dates to be tested and isolated. “Because of our staff demanding compliance with the above, we would like to ask all families with children present today (Tuesday, October 26) to pick up their children ASAP,” said the letter from QDPA Executive Director Nicky McCarthy . The letter said the center would be closed indefinitely, as determined by NSW Health. The Canberra Times contacted NSW Health. Our coverage of the health and safety aspects of this outbreak of COVID-19 in ACT and lockdown is free for all to access. However, we rely on subscription revenue to support our journalism. If you are able, sign up here. If you are already a subscriber, thank you for your support. You can also sign up for our newsletters for regular updates. Our journalists work hard to deliver local, up-to-date news to the local community. Here’s how you can continue to access our trusted content:

/images/transform/v1/crop/frm/135763310/5882266f-f126-47a0-a8bb-007f539a9c02.jpg/r2_143_2680_1656_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Leave a Comment